Can this surround sound receiver/system be used to listen to t/v shows and my xbox 360???

marcus32123

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I don't know much about surround sound receivers and systems. I just know that the guy I talked to over the phone said I should look for something that has hdmi. Well I have been looking craigslist over and have found this receiver/system and am just wondering a couple things. First, will I be able to use this receiver/system to listen to my t/v shows and xbox 360 games???

Link to craigslist ad- http://syracuse.craigslist.org/ele/4732968970.html

Link to receiver in craigslist ad- http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V371BL-Receiver-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B004QQXDVC

Your TV should not be a problem. If the TV has ARC (and the receiver does) then the one HDMI connection from the receiver to the ARC enabled TV input is all you need. If the TV doesn't have ARC it will likely have an optical output. If you don't use the TV tuner or smart functions then you can connect your sources to the receiver and use that to switch audio and video.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

For best audio experience for Xbox games, that Yamaha receiver + speakers combo is a good choice (use the HDMI connection from Xbox to the receiver, and then another HDMI cable from receiver to TV).

For the TV part though, it is kind of tricky, as usually TV sets doesn't have HDMI outputs. What make/model is your TV? Some TVs have the Audio Return Channel feature, which allows the audio signal to be routed back to the receiver.

Your TV should not be a problem. If the TV has ARC (and the receiver does) then the one HDMI connection from the receiver to the ARC enabled TV input is all you need. If the TV doesn't have ARC it will likely have an optical output. If you don't use the TV tuner or smart functions then you can connect your sources to the receiver and use that to switch audio and video.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
T Audio 3
B Audio 2
A Audio 1
Picklerick Audio 1
A Audio 2
D Audio 4
T Audio 2
S Audio 4
S Audio 1
H Audio 1