Can Ultrabooks edit video smoothly?

Wieck

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
Hey,
I'm a student who's working in a programming course and the software in my course doesn't require super high end hardware to function well, hence I was deciding on getting the xps 13 with the i7-7500u. However, i was also hoping to edit some videos while I am on the train or when I sometimes travel overseas to visit my family. Can the xps 13 do that if I were to edit on 1080p. I think that editing uses something called cuda cores? However, laptops with dedicated graphics tend to be a lot heavier. So if the xps 13 can handle these tasks decently, I would just stick with that. Thanks in advance !

Solution
not really, ULV processors are cut down versions of their big brothers. i7U is 2 cores/2 hyperthreads. You can find some ultra laptops with a real i5 for real quad core performance. And while CUDA may make things faster, it also makes your video look worse.

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
not really, ULV processors are cut down versions of their big brothers. i7U is 2 cores/2 hyperthreads. You can find some ultra laptops with a real i5 for real quad core performance. And while CUDA may make things faster, it also makes your video look worse.

Solution