Can you buy the dual graphics card seperately for the lenovo thinkpad y510p?

xero99

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
I want to buy a y510p but can only afford the single geforce 750m configuration. Can you buy another 750m to put in the ultra bay later and how much will it cost?
thanks for your help

Solution
First off, the 750M SLI has been in great demand from what i've been reading and is usually out of stock, so you won't be able to find it on the lenovo site. I have a 410p and i've talked with tech support a few times and they told me that they would eventually get more stock, but couldnt give a time frame. Im guessing its a problem with them just not having enough stock currently. Keep checking everyday, maybe you'll get lucky.

jaxst

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I asked lenovo tech about this as well, they told me it would be released in some months, they told me that the y410p ultrabay upgrade would be coming this july, passed by. now i am hearing it won't be released at all for the y410p, at least any time soon.

moral of the story: lenovo support is awful, if you talk with multiple representatives, they will all tell you something different sometimes, you will just have to take a chance or simply wait before purchasing one. as said above the 650m is available right now for the y500 along with the y400.

Taylor Larson

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Best bet would be a "possible" but unlikely. Most Mobile GPUs are OEM locked so ordering through Lenovo would be your best bet, however its not in their best interest to allow this. Unless the card is jacked up in price. Its in their best interest to offer a discount on a new laptop w/ the specs you want.

concord72

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
First off, the 750M SLI has been in great demand from what i've been reading and is usually out of stock, so you won't be able to find it on the lenovo site. I have a 410p and i've talked with tech support a few times and they told me that they would eventually get more stock, but couldnt give a time frame. Im guessing its a problem with them just not having enough stock currently. Keep checking everyday, maybe you'll get lucky.

Solution