Can you help me with my headset?

UltraReflex

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
hi ... i was gaming while listening and suddenly the sound went crazy in my Logitech G430 loud and crappy so i searched for solution and the only solution i found was to go Control panel -> Hardware and sound -> sound -> playback -> G430 -> Levels -> Speaker -> Balance -> switch one of 'em to 0

http://i.imgur.com/ueNHAx3.jpg

then it worked but when i play a game like cs:go , lol , ...i cant hear anything from the right site ...

i tried the headset in my brothers pc and it was fine so the problem is in my pc only :D can this be fixed?. thx!

Solution
If it does the same thing whether you're using the USB card or you're plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack, then sounds like it could be a driver issue. Try uninstalling and re-installing audio drivers for both the on-board audio (I'm assuming you're using on-board audio and not a discrete card) and the USB sound card that came with the headset.

When you re-install drivers for the USB sound card, go ahead and download the newest version of the drivers/software off of Logitech's website.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
With the balance settings, you turned the right ear off. The "L" is for Left Ear and the "R" is for Right Ear.

If you turn "R" back to 100 is it still extremely loud or is it back to normal? That sounds like a very odd thing to happen if it just happened randomly.

UltraReflex

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014

yeah it goes crazy if i move it to 100 if u want me to record something i can do that . it happend randomly when i was listening to music the sound went crazy :D

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
To check if it is something wrong with the USB sound card that is provided with it, you could try unplugging it and plugging the 3.5mm connectors from the headset directly into the computer. That will tell us if it is the headset itself, although I don't think it would be.

UltraReflex

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014

i did ... still the same.. the thing is the headset works pretty well in my brothers pc :D

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
If it does the same thing whether you're using the USB card or you're plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack, then sounds like it could be a driver issue. Try uninstalling and re-installing audio drivers for both the on-board audio (I'm assuming you're using on-board audio and not a discrete card) and the USB sound card that came with the headset.

When you re-install drivers for the USB sound card, go ahead and download the newest version of the drivers/software off of Logitech's website.

Solution