Question Cannot connect to Calibre on my laptop via WiFi from Calibre Companion - help needed

Sep 4, 2019
When I try to connect using Wifi I get the error below. Cloud works as does Content Server but those do not show me the information as clearly as if I could connect using the WiFi connection. What I get is as follows...
Laptop is Windows10 up to date and tablet is a RCA Mavern Pro 11.6" tablet with a 32Gb SD card installed. HELP, please...

calibre, version 3.47.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Device responded with incorrect information

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 479, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1267, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 642, in _call_client
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 684, in _receive_from_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

Calibre Companion

General Connection Error
There was an unrecognised error during the connection process. Please try again.

Last edited:
The problem isn't the device it is the program. You need to contact the company that makes the program to see if there is a fix for it or if they can help you resolve it.

They may well have instructions already on their site on how to resolve such issues.

If you can connect to anything and everything else, then the program is the problem and only they can help.