Solved! Cannot connect to hotspot from RCA tablet

Jan 10, 2019
Have tried updating tablet and keep getting error message 504. Don't know how to turn off data....tried advice about going to more settings and looked for tethering and hotspot I don't have that option on my tablet. Please help me!

Solution
The error is I am going to assume coming up when you try to go to any site on the internet? Or is it turning up somewhere else?

It is completely possible that the device you are trying to connect to that is being used as a hotspot is not able to actually be used as one. The data on that device may be restricted by your carrier/service provider. I am talking about whatever device is being used as a hotspot, not the tablet.
The error is I am going to assume coming up when you try to go to any site on the internet? Or is it turning up somewhere else?

It is completely possible that the device you are trying to connect to that is being used as a hotspot is not able to actually be used as one. The data on that device may be restricted by your carrier/service provider. I am talking about whatever device is being used as a hotspot, not the tablet.

Solution