Cannot import .mp4 into CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericdecker

Estimable
May 20, 2014
Cannot import .mp4 into CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultra. I specifically checked the import formats of this software before I bought it, but now I cannot import them and the program cites an "unsupported format" error. Very frustrated and confused.

Thanks

Solution
This is very strange. Maybe it will help to try the following steps in order:

1) open a command prompt as administrator. Type "sfc /scannow" to run the System File Check utility. Let us know if Windows reports any problems that it can't fix. Try importing the video clip.

2) If that doesn't work, uninstall PD14 (SmartSound AND Quicktime should prompt you to allow each to be uninstalled. Click Yes). Also uninstall the graphics card driver and reboot when finished.

3) Download and install the latest graphics card driver, then reinstall PD14 (and click Yes to SmartSound and Quicktime. You may need to manually update QT afterwards). See if you can import the video.

ericdecker

Estimable
May 20, 2014

A download from YouTube

George Phillips

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
This is very strange. Maybe it will help to try the following steps in order:

1) open a command prompt as administrator. Type "sfc /scannow" to run the System File Check utility. Let us know if Windows reports any problems that it can't fix. Try importing the video clip.

2) If that doesn't work, uninstall PD14 (SmartSound AND Quicktime should prompt you to allow each to be uninstalled. Click Yes). Also uninstall the graphics card driver and reboot when finished.

3) Download and install the latest graphics card driver, then reinstall PD14 (and click Yes to SmartSound and Quicktime. You may need to manually update QT afterwards). See if you can import the video.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.