Cannot open Nvidia control panel

suarezian

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
Everything was fine till yesterday. Today I started Rocket League, and got a blue screen. Restarted laptop, and all games are lagging. Found out that i cant open the Nvidia panel. It says: Display settings not available. You are not using a display attached to Nvidia GPU. Checked the Device manager. GPU is listed there, but it says Code 43 when I click on properties.

Laptop is an Alienware 17 R1 with GTX 770M. Tried uninstalling drivers in Safe Mode with Display Driver Uninstaller and also installed the latest drivers(24 July) from normal mode. Still the issue persists.

Solution
Code 43 is usually either driver problems or hardware failure. Check all your connections, including the ones into your GPU including power supply and display ports (since it's a laptop, power may be given directly from the board, and is probably integrated into the board. Make sure your display ports are 100% connected, try different monitors if possible.) Re-install drivers again. If that doesn't work, update your BIOS. If that doesn't work, it's possible your GPU may have just failed, and you may need a new one.

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Code 43 is usually either driver problems or hardware failure. Check all your connections, including the ones into your GPU including power supply and display ports (since it's a laptop, power may be given directly from the board, and is probably integrated into the board. Make sure your display ports are 100% connected, try different monitors if possible.) Re-install drivers again. If that doesn't work, update your BIOS. If that doesn't work, it's possible your GPU may have just failed, and you may need a new one.

Solution