Cannot reach YouTube or display and "pictures" after performing a scan

cammandapanda

Estimable
May 12, 2014
just after upgrading in windows 10, I performed a malwarebytes anti malware scan (since I was going to buy steam money and didn't want to get hacked), and removed a few things it said were potentially harmful. After getting rid of them however, I've been having loads of trouble going on the Internet. For example, whenever I go to YouTube, it just says err. Name not resolved or DNS probe finished nxdomain. It isn't a problem with the router or anything since I can access it just fine on my laptop and phone. I am able to google things just fine as well so I have connection. Whenever I go on Amazon, the layout is all weird and there are no pictures. Skype also doesn't work well as I never receive any calls. I even downgraded to windows 8.1 thinking it might solve it but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks!

Solution
Morning,

It's a DNS issue...

first of all I would like you to run these commands in command prompt (in-order of list)

netsh winsock reset

(Restart computer after running this command then proceed with the other commands).

iphonfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Do all of this in one window and input each command pressing enter after each one.

After that I would like you to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjkwHn_LE30

Follow everything that the guy says except when he inputs the new DNS Server addresses use these:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Issue should be resolved.

Many thanks,

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Morning,

It's a DNS issue...

first of all I would like you to run these commands in command prompt (in-order of list)

netsh winsock reset

(Restart computer after running this command then proceed with the other commands).

iphonfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Do all of this in one window and input each command pressing enter after each one.

After that I would like you to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjkwHn_LE30

Follow everything that the guy says except when he inputs the new DNS Server addresses use these:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Issue should be resolved.

Many thanks,

Solution

cammandapanda

Estimable
May 12, 2014

Sorry for getting back so late but kinda forgot about this post. I fixed the issue by reverting back to a backup of my system from a month before the incident. The computer works fine now and I upgraded back to windows 10. Guess Malwarebytes wasn't compatible with windows 10 then. Thanks for the help anyway, i think my case was just an anomaly and if anybody else has an issue this guy's advice would probably do the trick.
Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS