canon 5d and eos m with ML for wedding or should I get 5d and gh4 8bit 4k?

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015
hello I currently owned a 700d,500d, and eos m3. but I am using that for 1 set of event.

this year I am planning to get a 5d mkIII

is it better to buy 3 eos m with Magic lantern together with 5d
or it better to buy a 1 gh4 or other cheaper 4k camera together with 5d?

I am not shooting with low light because I am using strobes for lighting.
what about the nikon v1?

Solution
My suggestion, buy some memory cards and batteries for now and save up for real equipment if this is to be your profession. $600 budget for professional use equipment is a joke.

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015

I am working with weddings and corporate videos. but I only use company's camera and those are sony fx1000e.
I know I need to get an xa10 or other professional camera but those are too expensive. DSLR are on my budget but I haven't tried different DSLR except for 5d and eos m3 which I have. so I'm not sure which is better for my video and my budget.

Sometimes I am covering 3 videos a day so I need multiple cameras and I don't need another videographer/photographer. I just feel I have enough people on my team

I think you mistook what I was saying. My statement was that if you don't know what hardware YOU need, YOU are not ready for the job. Nobody can tell you what is better for your case, since only you know the venues and ways in which you will use the hardware. If you need help deciding on camera A vs camera B in situation C and limitations D and E, I (and others here and elsewhere) will be glad to give you input, but the question you posed is impossible to answer, and frankly should never have been needed if you actually knew what you were doing (quite literally "know what it is you want to do")

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015

ah sorry, that was my reading problem :D I am just finding a camera that will fit work together my 5d's sharpness.

That's still not a question!

Here's a few things to answer:
1) What do you need another camera for?
2) What requirements do you think you have?
3) What is your budget?
4) What do you hope will happen with the new camera?

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015

1. for shooting two or more event video at the same day.
2. sharp video details with a little depth of field.
3. around $600
4. I hope my new camera will be sharp as fx1000e as much as possible