Canon Built-In Data Recovery

Nov 1, 2018
My roommate's university issues these Canon Vixia HF R42 cameras to record lessons that they teach for the courses they're in, and he accidentally deleted one of those lessons from this camera that he REALLY needs. I offered to recover it for him, but the problem is that he wasn't using an SD card, he was saving it directly to the built-in memory. Therefore, data recovery software such as Recuva doesn't see the data on the camera at all when I try running it. Is there any way for me to access the built-in memory and possibly recover the deleted video?

Solution
The camera has a USB port, did you try connecting it to a computer? If it does not see the storage when you do, you would have to check with Canon support or check the manual if you need to load a driver or set the camera to data mode or something similar.
The camera has a USB port, did you try connecting it to a computer? If it does not see the storage when you do, you would have to check with Canon support or check the manual if you need to load a driver or set the camera to data mode or something similar.

Solution