Canon Camera Problem

danickzta

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
I have a PowerShot ELPH 110 HS. I've had it for about two years, and up until now it's worked absolutely fine. All of a sudden, when I turn the camera on, it boots up fine, you can take pictures and you can scroll through the different menus. But after about 10 seconds, the screen goes completely black and stays that way. It is still on, and you can still take pictures, but nothing shows up on the screen (it stays black no matter what buttons I press). I know this because when I plug the memory card into my computer, I can view any pictures that were taken. The only way I've found to fix this problem is to take the battery out and leave it for a few hours; however, when you put the battery back in and turn the camera back on, it only works for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black again, just like before. The camera has not been damaged in any way (through collision or water damage), the battery is fully charged, and I have tried turning the camera on and off when the problem happens. Do you know how to fix this?