Canon eos M5 or Panasonic Lumix G85

obviousfrog

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I am new to photography. I want to be able to shoot stills, do some videography and also some vlogging. I see that these two cameras have launched and are shipping soon which is making me excited. I have always been into Canon for pure quality and I havent ever heard anything about Panasonic. I am loving all of the features of both cameras. Although 4k at the Lumix g7/ g85 price point seems like a gimmick. I would without a doubt choose the Canon M5, but the display only the back tilts down. I really wish it flipped to the side and swiveled or hell, even flip up would have been good. Is the screen really worth the deciding factor? Is Panasonic up to par with Canon?

Solution
The best thing is to try them for yourself, as how a camera handles is more important than its technical specification. You don't want to miss a shot because you're navigating an unintuitive menu.

At first glance, the Canon would get my recommendation on the basis that it has a larger sensor and an adaptor is available so you can use the whole range of EF and EF-S lenses.

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
The best thing is to try them for yourself, as how a camera handles is more important than its technical specification. You don't want to miss a shot because you're navigating an unintuitive menu.

At first glance, the Canon would get my recommendation on the basis that it has a larger sensor and an adaptor is available so you can use the whole range of EF and EF-S lenses.

Solution