Solved! Can't access blue screen

Dec 26, 2018
Did a restore on my Acer aspire 731-4477 then powered it on but it opened to a blue screen an doesn't allow me any access to do anything how to I fix my device

Saga Lout

Olde English
Depending on your version of Windows, try one of these.

For XP, Vista, and Windows 7, switch off then back on again and mash teh Function 8 key until you see a black screen with white writing inviting you to go into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. At the Prompt type
rstrui
ammd hit the Enter key. That kickstarts System Restore and it might work better thn the first one.

For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, keep powering off and back on until it gets fed up with you and offers you StartUp Repair options. Select the Command form option and the same syntax above will do the job.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Depending on your version of Windows, try one of these.

For XP, Vista, and Windows 7, switch off then back on again and mash teh Function 8 key until you see a black screen with white writing inviting you to go into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. At the Prompt type
rstrui
ammd hit the Enter key. That kickstarts System Restore and it might work better thn the first one.

For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, keep powering off and back on until it gets fed up with you and offers you StartUp Repair options. Select the Command form option and the same syntax above will do the job.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
Doc H Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1