Can't boot Laptop Because of BIOS Update

Viperonic

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
Hey Guys i'm having a problem with my laptop, recently i was wanting to update all my drivers and all that for my Gateway NE522 Series Laptop and i tried updating my BIOS too but now i cant even access my laptop cause it keeps saying "Default boot-drive missing or boot failed"

Hi,

It seems like it's not detecting the HDD that has the OS installed in it that's why you're getting that error.
- Go to BIOS and reset it, press F9 and then Save and Exit. Reboot your laptop and see if you'll get the same error.
- If that will not work do check BIOS again and see if the HDD is listed. Go to Boot Priorities tab and make sure that HDD is set as the first boot device.
- Lastly, set Secure boot to Disable and set UEFI/Legacy priority to Legacy first.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting Gateway for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Hi,

It seems like it's not detecting the HDD that has the OS installed in it that's why you're getting that error.
- Go to BIOS and reset it, press F9 and then Save and Exit. Reboot your laptop and see if you'll get the same error.
- If that will not work do check BIOS again and see if the HDD is listed. Go to Boot Priorities tab and make sure that HDD is set as the first boot device.
- Lastly, set Secure boot to Disable and set UEFI/Legacy priority to Legacy first.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting Gateway for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Viperonic

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
I cant access the BIOS because it goes to the error screen right when i boot up and there is no problem with the SSD cause i can load it up on a different computer and lastly i cant get any support from gateway because it is out of warranty :/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ZahidRidwan Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 3
X Laptop Tech Support 5
sem8588 Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2