can't change fm tuner stations

jrjung

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
i have a Sony STR G3 stereo,,, it uses an egg shaped remote to set the stations but i lost the remote. i can only get 87.5, which is just static, and cannot manually go to any other frequency. Any idea how I can solve this problem would be appreciated

Solution
It seems replacement remotes for your unit are hard to find, but here a guy describes a hardware hack allowing use of "any" Sony remote.

I am not surprised to see yet another proprietary Sony technology into an (expensive at its time) product - my mind can't accept the fact that on the acre of front panel space, Sony did not put simple up/down/store buttons for FM control.

But the leadership of "we know better than the dumb user what he/she needs" has long been taken by Apple ;)
It seems replacement remotes for your unit are hard to find, but here a guy describes a hardware hack allowing use of "any" Sony remote.

I am not surprised to see yet another proprietary Sony technology into an (expensive at its time) product - my mind can't accept the fact that on the acre of front panel space, Sony did not put simple up/down/store buttons for FM control.

But the leadership of "we know better than the dumb user what he/she needs" has long been taken by Apple ;)

Solution