My laptop Acer Aspire is not able to properly connect to my optoma projector through VGA. This is the only laptop in my house that is not able to connect properly. I don't know whats wrong. It was working on the projects before this but I don't know why it's not working for this. Maybe something happened in between and it's now broken or something. My projector also has a HDMI option but my laptop doesn't support HDMI Cable input. I'm running windows 10. Please help me fix this problem of mine. When I put in the cable, the screen resolution automatically changes, that is only if the cable is connected to the project, that show's that it's able to detect the current. But there's no output signal being detected in my projector.
Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver of your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from it's manufacturer. (NVIDIA, AMD or Intel)
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot and loaded to your desktop, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display.