Can't do a *** with my HD7670M

artele0n

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hey, i bought my laptop about 6-7 months ago, it's a Packard Bell Easy Note LS 44 HR as i remember, idk where to check it's model.

My problem is, i literally can't do a *** with it. Currently, i'm trying to play Crysis 3 with EVERYTHING low on it, still lags. Bf 3 on everything low, lags. Far Cry 3 on everything low, even 800x600 windows, STILL LAGS.

I couldn't find a damn driver on AMD's site, it say not supported etc etc.

I will do anything to make it work properly. Also there isn't a driver on Packard Bell's site either.

ZOMG, went to packard bell and found your drivers right under the driver section for that notebook.

ARe you on windows 7? http://global-download.packardbell.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_AMD_8.861.0.0_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634468159324310501&Step1=Notebook&Step2=EasyNote&Step3=EN%20LS44HR&OS=701&LC=en&BC=Packard%20Bell&SC=EMEA_27P

You need to run some software too to make sure the AMD card is being used and not the Intel card. sometimes with those laptops, it switches to the built on Intel card.

You do only have an i3 mobile processor in there, and that is going to lag you a lot too.

Try you game and then put it in a window and open task manager and see if both the cpu cores are maxed. If so, it's your cpu. If not, I forget the name of the software to see how the gpu is doing, maybe one of the MSI afterburner or asus tweaker software would work with gpu and then you can see if the amd gpu is being used at all.

exeedorbit

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

All that sounds dandy, but even with onboard video, it shouldn't hickup and lag at desktop at 800x600.

In all likelihood, the laptop won't be able to play any of those games either way, but it shouldn't be experiencing lag at the desktop, especially not at those resolutions.

OP, How much ram does the computer have? What's the CPU?