Can't figure out how to disable adaptive screen brightness on Lenovo Flex 6

mdsimmons1118

Proper
Aug 6, 2018
The screen on my laptop keeps getting dim and bright by itself. I assume it is adaptive brightness but I cannot figure out how to disable it.
The laptop has 2 gpus, Intel UHD 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX130
and running Windows 10 Home version 1809
Any suggestions to disable it?

Solution
I see. Yeah that was my next option. Check the graphic card settings. I still find it odd that that option isn't there. Glad you got it sorted! That is the important part. :)
Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

mdsimmons1118

Proper
Aug 6, 2018

There is no "Display Brightness" option there is only "Turn off display after..." I tried that first and there is no option for it.

mdsimmons1118

Proper
Aug 6, 2018

Thanks, someone helped me out with this and so far it is working now.
There was no setting in power management for it but the setting needed to be disabled through the Intel Graphics control panel as this is the GPU that is being used by default when an application is not using the MX130 GPU.