Robert06

Prominent
Jun 8, 2021
Hello,

Recently I have reinstalled my Windows and in the process, upgraded to Windows 11.

Now, after a few weeks with it, I wanted to talk to someone on Discord and noticed how my headset microphone wouldn't be recognized by Windows and it was using my laptop's microphone.

I have an Asus TUF FX505GT, I tried updating the driver from Device Manager with no luck, I tried installing drivers manually from the internet and also from the Asus support site for my model.

these are the drivers I have on my laptop right now.

The High Definition Audio Device driver doesn't seem to recognize my headset and only shows Speaker and my laptop's microphone in the sound settings.

The second driver, Realtek [ 2/19/2019 ] seems to show my headphones but doesn't show my microphone

The third driver, Realtek [ 9/3/2019 ] actually installs the Audio Console and is able to pick up both my Headphones and my Microphone, but there is not sound at all, I have tried disabling audio enchantments and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I've noticed that I get this error message whenever I try to play a sound test on either my Speakers or my Headphones: Failed to play test tone.

i am stuck and I don't know what else to do, any ideas?