Can't get it to reboot

RussGrem

Estimable
May 1, 2015
My windows 8.1 will load up to 90% then it restarts and does this over and over. Never starting up. Can I hard set it from start up ??? Are any other solution ?

MB_Lettuce

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Okay so this could be hardware or software related. Let's try these steps to see if it's software related:

1. While the Windows 8.1 device boots up you could try continuously pressing the “F8” button or the “Shift” and “F8” combination.
2. This would get you into a menu where you can select to boot into “Safe Mode”.
3. If your Windows 8.1 device booted into “Safe mode” then try to remember any software you recently installed before having this issue. Try uninstalling the software and try again to boot normally to see if it works.
4. Undo from “Safe mode” any recent changes you might have made to Windows 8.1 system files.
5. From “Safe mode” run a system check with your antivirus and see if it finds anything that might make your Windows 8.1 malfunction.
6. Try doing a system restore in your Windows 8.1 system to get your system to a previous state and possibly fix any issues you might have encountered.
7. If the system restore did not work for you try doing a clean boot of the system by following the steps below:
8. Press and hold the button “Window” and the “R” button.
9. Type in the “Run” window “msconfig”.
10. Press “Enter” on the keyboard.
11. You will have a “General” tab present in the new window that pops up. Select from the “General” tab the “Selective Startup” feature.
12. Uncheck the box next to “Load Startup Items”
13. Left click on the “Services” tab now .
14. Check the box next to “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
15. Left click on “Disable all” feature.
16. Left click on “OK” button.
17. Reboot the Windows 8.1 device and see if it boots normally.
18. If your Windows 8.1 loads up then one of the apps you disabled is causing your system to crash.

If the steps above failed to boot up your Windows 8.1 system then the last thing is to try and reinstall your Windows 8.1 system but keep in mind that you should do this only if you tried everything posted above.

RussGrem

Estimable
May 1, 2015

RussGrem

Estimable
May 1, 2015

RussGrem

Estimable
May 1, 2015
I was running a virus scan and had to leave . I turned my wifi off . when came back computer was in sleep . I can't get out had to turn off I did 3 hours later trying to restart was when it got stuck in windows 8.1 recovery mode. Screen says failure configuring windows reverting changes don't turn computer off .