Solved! can't get local stations

Dec 12, 2018
I just got my new alexa firestick , I programed it but can't get local stations. Can you tell me how?
I downloaded 1 app for a local station on the tv, but no luck. I went on my laptop and downloaded the station on it and still no luck. What can I do to correct and get them??

Solution
a firestick is not a cable box. it won't receive anything on its own you don't already pay for.

you either need a streaming cable package that offers your local channels or you need to hook up an antenna to the tv to get them. the local channel apps you can install as you've already figured out require a cable login to work. sadly this is just the way it is.

again you need a streaming cable package that offers local channels or an antenna to get them over the air for free. otherwise you won't be able to watch them.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
a firestick is not a cable box. it won't receive anything on its own you don't already pay for.

you either need a streaming cable package that offers your local channels or you need to hook up an antenna to the tv to get them. the local channel apps you can install as you've already figured out require a cable login to work. sadly this is just the way it is.

again you need a streaming cable package that offers local channels or an antenna to get them over the air for free. otherwise you won't be able to watch them.

Solution