Can't get optical input to work

ammauric

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I'm attempting to combine my computer, television, 5.1 computer speakers, and gaming consoles into a home theater setup.

My TV has an optical SPDIF output, which I would like to connect to my computer's SPDIF input, so any audio which would normally play on my TV will play over my speaker system.

The problem lies here:
the SPDIF port on my motherboard (an EVGA 780i SLI) appears to be both an input and an output. The sound is controlled through the Realtek HD Audio Manager. The computer seems to be constantly outputting a signal through the SPDIF even though I disabled it.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any other utility out there I can use to manage my sound?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 7
M Audio 2
J Audio 3
W Audio 7
L Audio 1
S Audio 1
D Audio 1
H Audio 17
C Audio 4
J Audio 1
R Audio 10
D Audio 2
R Audio 1
M Audio 8
J Audio 5
L Audio 1
M Audio 4
M Audio 4
S Audio 2
D Audio 1
Similar threads
Solved! Help troubleshooting why subwoofer isn't working through AV Receiver through optical, but is through other inputs
Solved! Yamaha SRT-1500 no Optical input after firmware upgrade
is connecting my TV optical out to Analog Receiver's Phono Input a bad idea?
i broke the input connector in the sound bar for the optical wire, can i use the usb connection instead?
My home theatre has only optical output and my mi TV has only HDMI input how to connect
My TV has optical output, but home theatre has 5.1 rca input. How to connet TV with home theatre via optical cable.
I can't connect my bose soundbar to my bbc television, it doesn't have an optical input, it has an HDMI input but not on the b
Trying to connect LG soundbar with optical input to RCA TV with coaxial output
Connecting digital audio of PC to soundbar from HDMI output to Optical input
recommend an amp w/ optical input
Optical audio output to Digital USB input?
How to connect bluetooth speakers to Samsung TV RCA input, while having a sound bar connected to the optical?
Optical Input to Analog out via Creative Sound Blaster Z
How to connect older Kenwood a/v receiver 5.1 surround sound system with no hdmi or optical audio inputs, only has RCA connect
my tv doesn't have an audio optical input but my cable box does can i connect the cable box to the tv and play the tv through
I just bought a Samsung SOUNDBAR with a HDMI ARC INPUT AND A HDMI PLUS OPTICAL INPORT And I HAVE 3 HDMI imports on my TV , I h
What is the best external dac/amp for virtual sorround headphones ( optical input needed) is for ps4 and Hd-598.
I have the Logitech z906, I want to be able to play two inputs at once, is this possible?
Realtek audio line output to optical input
Amazon echo 3.5mm out to Optical input on Griffin 20

ASK THE COMMUNITY