Can't hear sound out of headphones

Solid Slate

Estimable
May 28, 2015
So I got this new pair of headphones, they're a TekNmotion TM-YB100A. For the past few days, they have been working like a charm. But when I went to use them today, they are no longer emitting sound. I used my sister's pair of headphones and they worked, so the problem doesn't seem to be my computer. The computer does seem to recognize them when I plug them in and asks what kind of sound device they are, but then I never hear sound out of them. Any ideas, please?

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but it turned out my problem was that I mixed up the mic and audio jacks... I feel really silly now.

Solution
If the headphones other than using the small 2.5mm audio jacks use a usb type connection.
First check you do not have to install a usb driver for them if the case.

Next if they do use usb.
You are going to have to right click on the speaker icon next to the time on windows desktop.
select playback devices.
In the window that opens you will see a list of devices for playback.
If your headphones are listed, right click on them, and select set as default device.
Click apply and you have sound through them again.

The same can apply to different sets of headphones used if of the 2.5mm audio jack type.
If the headset is, a headset and mic setup it must be selected as a comunication device and set as the default communication device to get...

Shaun o

Distinguished
If the headphones other than using the small 2.5mm audio jacks use a usb type connection.
First check you do not have to install a usb driver for them if the case.

Next if they do use usb.
You are going to have to right click on the speaker icon next to the time on windows desktop.
select playback devices.
In the window that opens you will see a list of devices for playback.
If your headphones are listed, right click on them, and select set as default device.
Click apply and you have sound through them again.

The same can apply to different sets of headphones used if of the 2.5mm audio jack type.
If the headset is, a headset and mic setup it must be selected as a comunication device and set as the default communication device to get audio out of the headphones and for the mic to be used on the headset.

using the same method of right clicking the sound icon next to the time of windows desktop.
when using with windows 7,8, 8.1, 10.

Solution