Cant' install avg free antivirus or panda free antivirus ...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I tried at least 5-6 times to install the avg free and pro trial antivirus programs and the panda free antivirus software and keep getting the error message during the installation process 0xC0070643. I have run adwcleaner and house call and apparently there's something on my computer that wasn't deleted in the past that's keeping me from getting an antivirus on my computer. It is a msi laptop running windows 7 home premium. Please help!!!

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I tried what you said but can find nothing to click on to delete! I can't find the culprit that is preventing me from getting an antivirus program installed on my laptop. So what do I do now? Thanks for your response, Scout. I had the free avg version on it 2014. It would not update anymore so I uninstalled it using the control panel. Then when I tried to reinstall the new free avg, partly though the installation process, it stopped and showed the error code above. I have run adware, house call, and manually deleted any remnants I could find. AVG said on the phone they could fix it for $89... so they must have the solution but are not forthcoming! I would reset computer back to factory settings, but I can't find my installation disks. Sooooo frustrated. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

cindyqa

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
The earliest restrore point was only a few ago.....after I uninstalled the avg using the control panel. So that didn't help but thanks anyway. I just don't know what to do. I blame avg...if they can fix it.... and they wouldn't unless I paid, makes me think this is on purpose on their part. Any other suggestions? Guess I won't be able to use the internet on my laptop anymore. No solution yet! :-(