Can't install GPU Drivers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hendlton

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I have an HP Pavilion dv6-3123ez laptop and it has an HD 4250 and an HD 5470 in it. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 and when it booted up it said "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly." so I thought I should download the Windows 10 drivers from the AMD's website and so I did, I downloaded them, installed them and rebooted my PC but the message popped up again. I checked the device manager and it gave me Code 43 on the HD 5470 so I decided to uninstall all drivers and just install the Windows 10 drivers but nothing changed, I disabled driver signature enforcement but it did nothing.

I checked the Supported Products and the 5000 series is on the list so I reinstalled drivers running them as administrator and after they installed, it said that there were some warnings so I looked at the install log and found this:

<package>
<description>AMD Display Driver</description>
<result>Fail</result>
<version>15.200.1062.1003</version>
<size>90 </size>
</package>

So the display drivers fail to install every time, I don't know why or how to fix it, I've seen other posts about this on Google but no one has found a solution as far as I know.