Can't Install Windows 10 for Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIL528

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
I have a Nokia Lumina 928 with Verizon, apparently its compatible for windows 10.

It's not showing any updates for windows 10 in the phone update section.

Whenever I google how to do it it just says: How to install technical preview. I don't want the technical preview, I want to regular update option that I see on some tutorial I found.

So, I tried the technical preview, and now my wifi/cellular data wont work. It wont even let me turn the option for wifi on, and cellular data does not work. Though, I have the windows 10 layout.

How do I fix this??? And how to I get out of the technical preview to the current version months later.

Thanks!

ToineF

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
Well first of all you will need the nokia recovery tool to bring back your phone to windows phone 8.1
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-recover-bricked-lumia-windows-phone

If you want to install windows 10, you will need to enroll in the INSIDER program.
Here is a list on how to do that:

1 - Download the Windows Insider App from the Store
2 - Launch the app and login with your Microsoft Account, also make sure you are enrolled in the Insider program (insider.windows.com)
3 - Choose Insider Slow or Fast, depending on how risky you want to be and how quickly you want updates
4 - Confirm your acceptance of the Insider program, including the fact you may void your device's warranty
5 - Hit the check mark
6 - Go to Settings
7 - Phone Update
8 - Check for Updates
9 - The phone may need to go through another step to get the Windows 10 build, as seen in the dialog screen below

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-preview-windows-phone

Note that is is not a final release so you might get some bugs. It's not officially out yet so you take the risk. Worse comes to worse is that you will need to use that recovery tool (see above) to bring it back to original settings.

ToineF

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014

lol i think someone got offended. First of all your answer doesn't help him. And second of all I thought I had clicked it by mistake so I wanted to undo my error. Turns out it was him.

Oh and normally you shouldn't be begging or asking for a best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.