Can't install windows

InfiniteDeath

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
I recently bought a lenovo g505s laptop which had no OS installed. I've bought Windows 8 Pro to install on to it. I turned it on and put the windows disc in, followed through the steps, put in the product key code, but I come to select where I want to save windows but it won't allow me to due to having partitions and it says they are MBR and they need to be GPT? Also I've inserted the driver disc I received with the laptop in the first place and i'm not sure what particular drivers I need? It's very confusing what im supposed to be doing, I haven't had a laptop in a good few years so I feel a little lost lol. If anyone could help at all I'd be extremely grateful.

InfiniteDeath

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
I have deleted the partitions but it won't allow me to delete them all, always one last one left that I cannot delete. It still won't allow me to save it to that one because it is MBR not GPT?

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Well, I was in your situation two months ago and I solved by just deleting all the partitions so that there would a single partition where I could install the OS. But you will lose all the OEM partitions like recovery partition.