Can't open program

Status
Not open for further replies.

popimpexpress

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Please HELP! I'm at a loss. My program DVD Cloner 2013 has never had any problem until last night when I attempted to run the program. I t worked just fine a week ago. Now it just doesn't respond at all. I've tried running as an administrator and get the popup asking if I want to allow this program to make changes to my computer and I select yes which gets rid of the popup warning and then I get nothing. I've tried opening the program by any means and any location possible to my level of expertise and I get nothing. I tried uninstalling the program so I could reinstall it but the program is not listed in my uninstall programs control panel. I even went to the actual location of the uninstall file itself and still nothing happens. The first time I attempted the uninstall it did start something that prompted me to either uninstall or reinstall. at the point of uninstalling maybe at 12% I got a warning popup that said that an error occurred and the some file was corrupted. Only option was "OK". After that I haven't been able to get anything associated with DVD Cloner 2013 to open. I am worried something in the registry or something in depth like that has been screwed up. PLEASE HELP! THank you in advance for anyone who might take the time to help me out with this.

HP pavillion slimline
Win7 Home Premium
service pack 1

Solution

You have to enable hidden files on the computer first, you have to go to folder options over there choose show hidden files, below that you will find 3 boxes usually, uncheck all of them. Now go to program files and search for this program, if you have 64bit OS then you may have program files x86 folder, you have to check on both and if you find any folder(s) related to this application delete them...

popimpexpress

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I realize that this will probably seem sad but I have to ask how to find all the files and folders for this program because I seem to stumble on files for stuff in other locations that I had not deemed the "save to" location. And I also, thanks very much for taking your time and helping me out on this with such a quick response.

Rams Anirudh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

You have to enable hidden files on the computer first, you have to go to folder options over there choose show hidden files, below that you will find 3 boxes usually, uncheck all of them. Now go to program files and search for this program, if you have 64bit OS then you may have program files x86 folder, you have to check on both and if you find any folder(s) related to this application delete them. Also go to the Program Data folder and delete the folders, if you have XP you have to go to documents and settings --> All users ---> Application Data / App Data

Regarding registry, open the registry editor by ---> Hold Windows key + R --> in run box type regedit and click ok
Once it is open go to Hkey Local Machine --> Softwares -->
Hkey current user --> Softwares ---> if you find any folder over there reg this delete them
If you feel this is too complex just search registry using crtl+F with keyword of the registry and delete them

I guess this pretty much explains you how to remove manually.

Solution

Rams Anirudh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

No problem :) Just bump here if you need any help and if issue is fixed you can quote it as solved later.

Status
Not open for further replies.