Can't record INHD with Comcast & Motorola 6208

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have Comcast.
I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable to access
the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with any
programming on INHD.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Don't worry- i have the same issue. Try to set the recorder to program
on Thursay. They showed a Tuesday listing but that did not work.


karmadude5169 wrote:
> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have Comcast.
> I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable to access
> the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with any
> programming on INHD.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Sean Coleman" <seanmcoleman@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:4uCdnarznJ8zi1fcRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> Don't worry- i have the same issue. Try to set the recorder to program on
> Thursay. They showed a Tuesday listing but that did not work.
>
>
> karmadude5169 wrote:
>> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have
>> Comcast. I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable
>> to access the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with
>> any programming on INHD.

It might be an "unrecordable channel". I came across that on my SA8000HD
today in the INHD channels.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Thanks. It appears that we can record most programming on both INHD
channels, however, my attempts to record the 'ladies' presentations of
bodybuilders is blocked. Can record men 'only' bodybuilders, but can't
record the women when they are on the program. I was interested in
recording the women bodybuilders.


"S.P." <schmartypantz@yahooooo.com> wrote in message
news:2ICdnU_6J-jRz1fcRVn-jQ@giganews.com...
> "Sean Coleman" <seanmcoleman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:4uCdnarznJ8zi1fcRVn-oA@comcast.com...
>> Don't worry- i have the same issue. Try to set the recorder to program on
>> Thursay. They showed a Tuesday listing but that did not work.
>>
>>
>> karmadude5169 wrote:
>>> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have
>>> Comcast. I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am
>>> unable to access the record feature on the 6208. This is the only
>>> problem with any programming on INHD.
>
> It might be an "unrecordable channel". I came across that on my SA8000HD
> today in the INHD channels.
>
 

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
234
0
18,830
0
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

karmadude5169 wrote:
> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have Comcast.
> I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable to access
> the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with any
> programming on INHD.
>
>
One of the features of the HDMI port is copy protection. HDCP stands for
"High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection" (HDCP). It is meant to
prevent you from copying content you are not "allowed" to copy.
Generally HDMI connectors all use HDCP. They don't technically "have
to", but it would be pretty silly for Cable Companies not to use an HDMI
connector without it having HDCP. DVI connections on the other hand, may
or may not have HDCP.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

thanks for pointing that out. I should have suspected that.


"Tom" <nexustom@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:41CAFAC3.4040006@comcast.net...
> karmadude5169 wrote:
>> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have
>> Comcast. I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable
>> to access the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with
>> any programming on INHD.
> One of the features of the HDMI port is copy protection. HDCP stands for
> "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection" (HDCP). It is meant to prevent
> you from copying content you are not "allowed" to copy. Generally HDMI
> connectors all use HDCP. They don't technically "have to", but it would be
> pretty silly for Cable Companies not to use an HDMI connector without it
> having HDCP. DVI connections on the other hand, may or may not have HDCP.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
MinnieLee712 Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 5
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
P Streaming Video & TVs 8
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Z Streaming Video & TVs 13
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY