Can't restart computer, stuck at Aptio setup utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

tocuan7

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
What options do I enable or disable to start my computer normally. And if I do follow these instructions will I loose my personal files?

Solution
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started...
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Solution

gazuproc1230

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Same mine sir..i ended up back to aptio utility septup after power it back and pressing F9 for 10secs why there's no "windows recovery menu" appear instead im back again to aptio setup utility. What will i do? I had folllow every steps of what you've instructed. Please help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.