Solved! Can't transfer photos from deactivated Galaxy S5 to computer

Nov 5, 2018
I have a deactivated Samsung Galaxy S5 that I took pictures with and now I can't download them to my computer. The computer doesn't seem to recognize the deactivated phone. I tried putting in an active Sprint SIM card into the old AT&T phone but the Sprint SIM card is locked and evidently can't be used. Is there any way I can transfer the photos to my computer without a SIM card? Thank you.

Solution
Actually it probably isn't locked. Just Sprint uses a CDMA network and AT&T uses a GSM network. They aren't the same, are compatible and can't be swapped.

If the old AT&T SIM is still in the phone, active or not, it should let you turn on the phone and connect it to a computer. Now if you don't have the AT&T SIM, then you may have a problem. Some phones won't work without a SIM in them. Usually doesn't matter if it is active or not, just that it is inserted.
Actually it probably isn't locked. Just Sprint uses a CDMA network and AT&T uses a GSM network. They aren't the same, are compatible and can't be swapped.

If the old AT&T SIM is still in the phone, active or not, it should let you turn on the phone and connect it to a computer. Now if you don't have the AT&T SIM, then you may have a problem. Some phones won't work without a SIM in them. Usually doesn't matter if it is active or not, just that it is inserted.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS