Question Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:

mariusandrei

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Good afternoon,

I have a 49UB850V-ZD smart TV and has the issues below. Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:

1. Can't reset using meniu. I can access the meniu, I inserted pin 0000 and if I try to click Confirm it just flashes the button with no success. If I click Cancel then the meniu closes
  2. The Live TV channels are not working. There is no issue with the provider. It just not plays any channel
  3. If I connect the usb or hard-disk driver to play some movies I can navigate thru folder but I can t play any
  4. When I connect to Netflix or youtube I can navigate but if i try to play it does not load.
  5. The remote TV does not work anymore -> Only the Power Off/On button
  6. I have a magic remote TV for LG and works to navigate with the indicator
  7. The button of the TV (under the TV led) works only to open the TV -> the menu does not work anymore
  8. In the advanced menu, the Channel settings is not active among other options that are disabled.

What do you think? What do I need to do?

Since you can'd do a reset and no buttons work, that thing seems pretty dead unless you want to try replacing the system board in it. For a TV that size probably better to just replace it with a working one if it's out of warranty. Many TVs that size around used for not a lot of money.

mariusandrei

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Since you can'd do a reset and no buttons work, that thing seems pretty dead unless you want to try replacing the system board in it. For a TV that size probably better to just replace it with a working one if it's out of warranty. Many TVs that size around used for not a lot of money.

Thank you for your reply.
I can't say the TV is doomed. There's a part that is not working corectly. This is the question. What part? Is it the motherboard?

Thank you for your reply.
I can't say the TV is doomed. There's a part that is not working corectly. This is the question. What part? Is it the motherboard?

No way to tell till you start checking on the parts. The main board seems like it is likely cause, if you replace it and it still does not work then not sure what else you would check. There are a lot of people that start buying parts for their TVs, swap them and it's still broken, so before you start buying parts compare what a fully working set would cost you in time and money spend on parts.