Cant uninstall old graphics drivers

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Okay, here's the deal, I upgraded my graphics card almost a week ago. Uninstalled my old card's drivers and everything, installed the new one etc all fine. However, I found out I had a terrible PSU, so I decided to revert back to my old gpu and psu until I get a new PSU in order to not harm other components possibly.

I uninstalled all the NVIDIA drivers and utilities, then, without thinking, I installed the old card's AMD drivers before restarting the compiuter. This gave me the dreaded black screen o' death. I had to restart the pc in safe mode and use system restore to last saturday. This reverted me back to the NVIDIA drivers from my newer card. Now, when I go into control panel-uninstall a program, these drivers show up, but besides EVGA Precision, I wasn't able to delete any of these drivers.

My pc is using Windows 8.1 btw. So what do I need to do delete these old drivers so I can put my original card's drivers in and game again?

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
try this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v10-1-released-01-07-14-/

Edit: or try this method, someone recommended in forum :D
Boot using F8 "Safe Mode".
1. Uninstall drivers as normal
2. Run registry editor to remove all things nVidia
3. Reboot to safe mode
4. Install new drivers