Cant use sennheiser g4me zero mic on my laptop help

xtwistts

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
I purchased a pair of Sennheiser Game Zeros and i have a ASUS Gl502VT. I had to buy a splitter adapter since my laptop only has one 3.5mm jack port. I cant configure my mic to use it because it uses my laptop mic instead. I don't know how to fix it and when i try to hear myself in steam, its sounds so bad.

Please help, thanks

It sounds like the jack you are trying to use either is output only, rather than input/output which is what you would need, or it isn't registering the headset correctly. Both are really common.

The simplest fix is to get a dual (since you said your headset has two) 3.5mm to USB adapter. The computer should then recognize the microphone when it is connected, and stop using the internal mic.

It sounds like the jack you are trying to use either is output only, rather than input/output which is what you would need, or it isn't registering the headset correctly. Both are really common.

The simplest fix is to get a dual (since you said your headset has two) 3.5mm to USB adapter. The computer should then recognize the microphone when it is connected, and stop using the internal mic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
2 Laptop Tech Support 3
ITweeks Laptop Tech Support 4
catrose Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 0
E Laptop Tech Support 0
Wahab Chattha Laptop Tech Support 0
Beasttrick246 Laptop Tech Support 1
flameeagle71 Laptop Tech Support 0