Capital One Pulls Out of Isis NFC Payment Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Here it comes. Mark my words. NFC is going to die and BLE will be adopted and actually used for mobile payments as well as a number of other things.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
NFC is going to undergo some significant changes but it'll be rolled out, maybe a little late though. Apple's just going gung-ho for now until they figure out they don't control the market anymore, BLE has a number of other issues that'll come into play on down the line.

saidge

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
... Capital. Not Capitol... Once upon a time, spelling in articles was kind of a big deal to editors. And misspelling a company name throughout the entire article (except for the title) would have been noticed by someone in the pipeline. I stopped reading the second time I read 'Capitol One'. I'm sure it's a very insightful read, but it's hard to take it seriously when the author can't even spell the name of such a huge company. This is tantamount to trying to read an article about Microsoft where the company spells the name of the company as 'Micrasoft'.

saidge

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
... Capital. Not Capitol... Once upon a time, spelling in articles was kind of a big deal to editors. And misspelling a company name throughout the entire article (except for the title) would have been noticed by someone in the pipeline. I stopped reading the second time I read 'Capitol One'. I'm sure it's a very insightful read, but it's hard to take it seriously when the author can't even spell the name of such a huge company. This is tantamount to trying to read an article about Microsoft where the company spells the name of the company as 'Micrasoft'.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I'll be grateful when I can use Google Wallet to make NFC payments. I will NEVER use a carrier's method as they took any choice I had in the matter away by BLOCKING Google Wallet. Why the government didn't step in and hand the carriers their asses for doing this is beyond me.

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Agreed. I. will root my GS3 and install Google Wallet before I use this ISIS crap they are trying to shove down my throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.