Solved! Capturing streaming videos.

Dec 12, 2019
Hey folks,

I do a live cast with guests on IG every week. Right now I use a screen record app to record the video on my phone (pixel 3xl) and then edit it on my PC to upload it to FB & IGTV. It works ok, but a lot of time the video and audio is not good quality at all. I need to figure out a better way to record the video to get the best video and audio. I've been looking at capture cards but it doesn't sound like it would work with a phone as that is video device used for the orginal video. Any ideas how I can do this?

Solution
If you have to use a phone then a phone with a better camera and maybe an separate mic would work.
If you don't have to use a phone then a decent camera that takes video and maybe a mic would be an option. Post you question on the digital camera forum for a recommendation.

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
So what quality of video and sound are you recording on the phone.
44khz for sound is CD quality, video now a days should be at least 720p if its to be viewed on anything but a phone.
Input equals output
Better quality recording can be had with the laptop camera and mic or even better a camera for recording.
Sorry I did not address your question tho.

Dec 12, 2019
If I read this right, I believe it to be close to the limit of assisting the theft of Intellectual Property.

I'm going to leave the thread open for the time being and discuss the matter with other Moderators.
I don't think you read it correctly. It's my video, and my content. I created the video.

Dec 12, 2019
So what quality of video and sound are you recording on the phone.
44khz for sound is CD quality, video now a days should be at least 720p if its to be viewed on anything but a phone.
Input equals output
Better quality recording can be had with the laptop camera and mic or even better a camera for recording.
Sorry I did not address your question tho.

The video is recording in 4k i have no idea what the audio is.

Dec 12, 2019
If you have to use a phone then a phone with a better camera and maybe an separate mic would work.
If you don't have to use a phone then a decent camera that takes video and maybe a mic would be an option. Post you question on the digital camera forum for a recommendation.
The camera records in 4k and I use a yeti snowball external mic. The issue is when I rerecord the live from IG