Car Amp + Sub for Home Amp

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I have a unused Alpine SWD-3000 amp and sub combo. I would like to connect this to my home stereo amplifier a Pioneer VSX-321.I will be powering with PC atx PSU 400w.
I cant find any cable that would allow me to use the rca line in from the sub to the single speaker wire on the home amp.

Please see pictures.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp

getochkn

Splendid
Not really going to happen. The Pioneer receiver is outputting a power signal and expects a passive sub. You are using an amp for your sub, so it expects a passive signal but would be getting an amplified signal from the receiver and things would go bad running a powered load into the RCA inputs.

The only thing would be if the receiver had a monitor RCA output that outputs the signal. Really, it's a mess and that's not even getting into getting line noise/hum and ground loops from running an DC device using an AC-DC convertor (PSU).

getochkn

Splendid
Not really going to happen. The Pioneer receiver is outputting a power signal and expects a passive sub. You are using an amp for your sub, so it expects a passive signal but would be getting an amplified signal from the receiver and things would go bad running a powered load into the RCA inputs.

The only thing would be if the receiver had a monitor RCA output that outputs the signal. Really, it's a mess and that's not even getting into getting line noise/hum and ground loops from running an DC device using an AC-DC convertor (PSU).

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks for a reply. Sound like a pain =(
Thought i would ask as i had it lying round the house.

ASK THE COMMUNITY