Discussion Car Amp To Power With Computer Supply At Home

umar.ghauri176

Estimable
Aug 23, 2017
Hello Guys,
Whats Up.

I want to ask and clear some query please help me regarding power source. Actually I have a car amp named Cerwin Vega 300.4 XL 75x4 channels to run with One JBL 12 inch woofer bridged ch1 and ch2.

So for the power source I`ve connected PC power supply rating at 12 volts 20 amps. So guys I have 2 questions, that on back of the car amplifier there are attached 2 fuses each of 25 amps. So for current PC power supply of 12 volts, 20 Amps is good enough or not ?. or can I go for another new power supply of 30 amps or 50 amps for safe side. ? In order to handle a load at high volumes. Some guys saying that the Gain in car amp is not a volume so adjust it to that point where you cannot listen humming from the woofer before playing the music . And control the master volume from the stereo aux out.

Secondly just want to confirm that while running car amplifier on current PC power supply I noticed through my volt meter that sometimes DC 12 volts drops to 11 for 2 seconds then goes back to 12, then 11 then 12. and so on......... So is it normal or something is going internally wrong with the PC supply. ?

Guys please help me.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Audio 12
K Audio 5
L Audio 5
P Audio 2
D Audio 1
D Audio 12
Z Audio 2
M Audio 1
X Audio 2