Casalemedia Threat Detected

Zooka128

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
On some of pages I open as of probably 2 or 3 days ago (on websites like imgur and futhead, for example) I keep getting a threat detected from ae.casalemedia.com and it says the infection is JS:lframe=EWH (or EWG) [Trj]. Is this actually a threat or is it nothing to worry about? If it is a threat, then how can I prevent this, seeing as it seems to keep coming up for me.

Solution
if you use google to search for that exact term you will find a couple of replies about this adware you have there installed

try to run adwcleaner and if doesn't work and keeps showing weird behavior on your web browser, consider a personal files and folders backup and then reinstall windows having first a antivirus installed and try to avoid install programs that offer lots of extra offerings of new tools and resources, web browser bars and the like

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
if you use google to search for that exact term you will find a couple of replies about this adware you have there installed

try to run adwcleaner and if doesn't work and keeps showing weird behavior on your web browser, consider a personal files and folders backup and then reinstall windows having first a antivirus installed and try to avoid install programs that offer lots of extra offerings of new tools and resources, web browser bars and the like

Solution

Zooka128

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013

I did Google it before hand but I had no adware (I never download anything really) and it just went away on it's own, so I'm guessing it was a problem with the webpage.