cassette recording to disc or flashdrive

scott searles

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hello . I am looking for an inexpensive way to transfer (digitize) , my casettes to CDs or flash drive , without using a computer , (I don't have internet) . I have been looking at the Teac lp-r550usb , that will allow me to record , which has mostly good reviews , but , apparently is cheaply made ? I have a stereo system that has a non-recordable CD player , but , has RCA jack , recording USB port , and aux .if I got a decent cassette player to hook up to my stereo , would I be able to record to flash drive and if so , would it sound good ? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
I'd probably check out the local library to see if you could use one of their computers. Then all you'd need is a Walkman and a 3.5mm stereo cable (assuming the computer has a functional microphone jack).

-Wolf sends

scott searles

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

You don't need internet access to rip your cassettes into a computer. If you have or can borrow a computer with an audio input then you can use freeware called Audacity to record the cassettes in digital form.
I would be surprised if a public library would allow you to install software on their computers and to copy copyrighted material.