Caught on Camera: Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I would be afraid to buy one. It seems a little too rushed to market to compete with the iPad in areas I could careless that it competed with the iPad. Thinner seems flimsier to me when it is done to beat the competition and not because it follows with a rigorous R&D process.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
So, I'm saying I just want steamed rice not fried!!!!

Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist I'm watching family guy right now and feeling super innappropriate.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
^ lmao . sounds like Thai. I ordered Thai curry once, pretty good stuff. a lot more hotter (peppery) than Indian. lol

I want a keypad on that. that slides.

nologo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
i've demo'd 1 of these... i wasnt entirely impressed.
its alot thicker than the ipad.. and the OS was slow to respond to touch.. that may have been because it was a prototype.

i was impressed with the galaxy s 2. that was really nice, great screen as well. again.. bigger than the iphone 4 in width and height.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
It's funny they coppied apple's design: bezel width and thickness of tablet, they only changed the form factor 16:9 vs 4:3.
No wonder Apple is suing their ass

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]It's funny they coppied apple's design: bezel width and thickness of tablet, they only changed the form factor 16:9 vs 4:3.No wonder Apple is suing their ass[/citation]
Obviously a blatant rip-off, what with it being flat, tablet shaped and having a screen.
Have you been smoking crack?

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Obviously a blatant rip-off, what with it being flat, tablet shaped and having a screen....Have you been smoking crack?[/citation]

Give me one tablet that look like this before the iPad came out...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]nologo[/nom]i've demo'd 1 of these... i wasnt entirely impressed.its alot thicker than the ipad.. and the OS was slow to respond to touch.. that may have been because it was a prototype.i was impressed with the galaxy s 2. that was really nice, great screen as well. again.. bigger than the iphone 4 in width and height.[/citation]
If the product you tested is thicker than the iPad then it certainly wasn't this one because it's thinner than the iPad.

tomich

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Anyone noted how the response time of the portrait mode is soo different between those two tabs??. Galaxy is a lot slower..

G

back_by_demand :

Obviously a blatant rip-off, what with it being flat, tablet shaped and having a screen....Have you been smoking crack?

Give me one tablet that look like this before the iPad came out...

Um, Compaq TC1000. MANY years before Apple showed up with their iPad. Nothing wrong with the iPad though if you are a child, and executive, or wanting something simplistic. As for me, I'll take a meatier machine that is more robust and can truly be a mobile workhorse. iPad is not it.

nologo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]If the product you tested is thicker than the iPad then it certainly wasn't this one because it's thinner than the iPad.[/citation]

it was the 10.1, i work for a telecoms company and they brought them in for demo.
it was thicker than the ipad 2.. cant confirm if its thicker than ipad 1 as i didnt have it 2 compare with.

Status
Not open for further replies.