CCTV Stickers For Your Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokiardo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I don't know about all of you, but at first I missunderstood this. I thought this was an article about stickers that one could put up that 'pretended' to be CCTV cameras. Which would be a wonderful idea. But in all honesty, what the hell is the point of this article? Am I missing something?

sneaky jedi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]dokiardo[/nom]I don't know about all of you, but at first I missunderstood this. I thought this was an article about stickers that one could put up that 'pretended' to be CCTV cameras. Which would be a wonderful idea. But in all honesty, what the hell is the point of this article? Am I missing something?[/citation]

This is where I thought the article was going...too bad

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Or, you could take a sharpie, circle the camera, and write "CAMERA" in big black letters. But that's too obvious I suppose.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I put a post-it over my webcam until I use it, then I put the post-it back on when I'm done. I don't see why people would have a problem with doing this.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I'd rather have a sticker for the lid that says "smile, you're on candid camera" and an arrow pointing to a spot where the "secret" camera is supposed to be. Might keep people from trying to see what you are doing on your laptop at the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.