Cellco Partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attaboyslim

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hello,Check this out. I received a letter telling me my phone had been tapped by Law Enforcement over ... 2 years ago but the number was not my number. The number was tracked to be a cell phone under the name of Cellco Partnerships so what thew heck is it, a Government CIA Front company?

Pyree

Distinguished
Contact the law enforcement (I think state police will do, no need for federal police yet) and ask them what it is. I am sure if you didn't do anything wrong, you won't get into trouble. Sounds like a fraud to milk money out of you or some criminal just filling a random address which unluckily landed on your house.

Attaboyslim

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion but I still have a few reservations. I mean, is there a person on the planet who hasn't done something wrong, no matter how small? Think about it, pictures taken of drivers and being mailed a ticket at a later date and the driver must recall what may have cause the temporary or supposed temporary violation of a traffic law? Then again, thanks to those marvelous "Braneyacks" in DC, and the Patriot Act, Law enforcement can use the "Sneak & Peak" approach of entering a persons home (while they are away) and search the premises. They never tell the home owner they have been violated until some time in the future when an arrest is made and the person may be held indefinitely and without a charge or legal representation. I'm sorry to say, My Friend that the good ole' days of Andy Griffith are long gone. We simply allowed them to take our liberties at will and foist a mountain of laws and regulations on us without even the hint of a reminded about the Constitution and the fact that they work for the people.

We are now at their mercy and quite a bit of the recent news has proven that the Political, Financial, Military and Law Enforcement aspect of American life, resides in a different category. It is something like, 'they are above the law and should never be questioned and we are always prone to be charged, convicted and probably bruised up a bit in the process. Oh, and never complain because that makes them a little upset. So, I appreciate the advice but I'm not quite sure I am ready to trust anyone in authority, just yet. I may change my mind if there is ever a time in the future when, at least, the President has a little integrity, honor and at least tries to be honest. Until then, I'll continue to hold my breath ... and pray for us all. :)

instead of being paranoid you might want to look into this.

i fully understand why you might be wary as many of us arent very trusting, however, looking into this now could save you a headache in the future. after all, do you really want to be on record that you were acting "suspicious" enough to warrant wiretapping?

-by calling you will be able to verify if this is a fake/scam sort of letter for fear tactics or if it is legitimate.

-is your name also on said form or just your address? if your name isnt liked with this form at all then perhaps the wrong address was entered (and maybe it is another address on your same street)

-if your name is on said form but the number is not yours and the name on the number is not yours then there is a mix up and you should get this corrected to set the records straight.

---

us forum readers cannot do anything for you in regards to this. we can only offer advice.

check it out, or do not check it out: your choice entirely. i just know that if i got something suspicious like this then i would get it checked out. after all, i've not nothing to hide, why would i shy away?

Status
Not open for further replies.