CES 2010: Sony Bloggie Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]trevorvdw[/nom]Hey Sony lose the Memory Stick Pro Duo and make the unit smaller and cheaper at the same time.[/citation]
Agreed. I passed on a few Sony products (mainly cameras) just because they had MMS Pro Duos.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
The article states Flip Video Cameras don't have removable rechargable batteries.

Hmm, that must be a rock powering my Flip Utral HD 2nd Gen then. Why the proprietary cable?

I'll stick to flip. Can't go wrong with them, plus the underwater housing is amazing for spear fishing footage.

gammaraptor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
The 360 lens.... that's ought to be awesome... is the lens included or do you have to buy it separately? If so how much is it?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]I don't understand why companies still insist on using proprietary components.[/citation]
To sell you high priced proprietary replacement cables of course.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]WheelsOfConfusion[/nom]Why a 30 minute time limit? That's pointless. And why a proprietary connector? Oh wait, it's Sony.[/citation]
Has anyone EVER shot a 30 minute uninterrupted video clip. I have owned many camcorders, and if any of those had this limitation I would have never known. And Sony are not the only ones to have out a proprietery video-out. The mini-HDMI connector is quite new and before that almost every one was using a proprietery video-out.
And as wementioned this thing takes both SD and MS Duo sticks - so I have them - now you want me to throw them away?
Why all this Sony bashing ... wait because it's Sony!

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I wasn't aware that Sony fans were as zealous as Apple fans.

Anything proprietary immediately loses all appeal to me (and many other people like me).

Will I shoot longer than 30minutes uninterrupted? Probably not. But at least my flip ultra can record 2 hours in the event I witness Bigfoot playing Monoply against 3 Greys.

G

I know this 30 minutes limit comes as a disappointment, as it is not mentioned anywhere on the Sony site and after buying few of them, i am stuck with this :-/

G

I have had some fun with my bloggie- but wish I could unwrap he 360 into a panorama on my mac- tried the PC software with Crossover- doesn't work for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS