CES: Blu Ray Press Conference Says Victory Is Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gto127

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I'm keeping my HD-DVD player-has more features and most HD-DVD's include a DVD on back so if your player ever goes bad you can still play disc on your old dvd player. If your blu ray goes bad you have to buy a new blu ray player just to watch movie.

G

Way to go Blue ray as to the other comment why would your hd player go bad unless it was junk to begin with also you can play regular dvds in any blue ray I am so glad i have blue ray woo hoo

DustyDinkelman

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
"One of the things that made the difference was having the PlayStation 3 in the market,"...ONE? Try the only difference that mattered.

Heavy studio exclusivity is not exactly "winning". You can "win" a race by shooting the other guy, you know. Ask Electronic Arts. Millions of PS3s sold with free movies and 70% of the film studios exclusively suppporting BR, and you wonder why BR has a 2:1 sales advantage? I wonder why it isn't MUCH bigger...

From what they (Warner) would leave you to believe, Warner is throwing away a third of it's HD disc revenue (2:1), for no monetary compensation or incentives, in the hopes that millions upon millions people have been waiting in the wings to buy ONE HD-disc player format?

BR and HD-DVD COMBINED for what, 2% of movie discs sales?!? That's with millions of PS3s sold. Most likely scenario; BR fails right along with HD-DVD, DVD continues to go strong, and in the meantime, digital downloads come to the forefront, and a new physical disc (HD-DVD 2.0?) appears with features that justify the jump from DVD for consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.