Question changed setting on vizio d32h-d1 now black screen

Oct 9, 2019
So my friend gave me there old smart tv model vizio d32h-d1 they no longer needed. I gladly plugged it in and began to link it to my wifi network. The display worked fine and I was messing around with the settings when I accidentally clicked on a "screen overlay" setting and since then the display turns on but is completely black with a backlight. I cannot access the menu I have tried various inputs my laptop through hdmi 1 & 2, casting, amazon fire stick, chrome cast stick, and nothing seems to effect it. I tried the soft reset and unplugging it holding power for 30 seconds and turning it back on nothing changes. Is there any other method for resetting? Can i unscrew the back and manually factory reset somehow? please let me know if you can help thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 8
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
ITclimber Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
Similar threads
Solved! My Magnavox flat screen turns on but the buttons won't let us turn power down or change settings
what button do i push to change hdmi settings
How to Change the Location in Your Fire TV Settings
How to Change DNS Settings on Your Roku Device
How to Change Clock Settings on Your Roku Device
How to Change Settings and Your Preferences in Netflix
How can I change my Skyworth E360 TV language setting to English from Chinese.
How do I change Sharp tv grayed out audio settings?
dont know how to change resolution settings
How do I change the screen settings from stretch to normal
My andriod box remote its controling my tv to change setting and channels how can i stop this
My new Android TV keeps changing the HDMI setting on my sharp tv. The screen goes black like it's changing HDMI but it stays o
I plugged my Xbox one into a new TV and the video is messed I need to get to the settings and change it
"i bought an Emerson EWF2006 but it didn't com with a remote and changing the picture setting in the menu i accidentally click
idx file settings not working on standalone media player but work on computer
Only one HDTV. I want to receive Both OTA and 'cable', without having to remove (change) coaxial connections.
i accidentally changed the settings on my xbox one from hdmi to dvi. my screen went black imediatly but there is still sound.
I changed my Samsung Smart TV model no. UE42F5500 factory settings from UK to India now it stopped working. Can anyone plz hel
What does changing router settings from "Mixed Mode" in Network Manager to " Wireless B/G only" affect?
Facebook Changes Default Privacy Settings

ASK THE COMMUNITY