Changing Li-Po laptop battery

deltadia

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
I dont know if this is the right place to ask about batteries but here goes.

As of yesterday Lithium Polymer battery in my laptop died. Its a LG P210 laptop which has 7.4V 6300mAh sized battery pack. I opened it up and there is two cell in series.

I was wondering if anyone out there has replaced the cells in these? I spent last couple hours searching but I could not find right sized Li-Po battery. If anyone who had experience in changing could direct to me into a right direction like a good vendor who sells the Li-Po cells.

Many thanks!

deltadia

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014

I am trying to change one of those prismatic ones (flat square ones). It would have been easier if it was typical 18650 though...

I ordered one from alibaba express so I will see if they are good and whether they send it to me *fingers crossed*

qazzi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
EDIT
there are website out there that do sell the "flat square ones" beside alibaba express...
suggest don't use a credit card when dealing wit alibaba express use paypal or other means....

deltadia

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
They dont take paypal in alibaba express so I used a card... I did read about the reviews on alibaba though.
I will just keep an eye on the transactions of the card for next few months and the price for it wasn't too bad