Changing speakers help

gcpommom

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I have a cheap Emerson radio/cd player that takes regular (no subwoofer) speakers, one red wire, one black wire clips into back of unit. I want to use my RCA Kevlar with built in subwoofer speakers. The RCA has 2 wires each having black/red (4 ends total). Can I twist these together and put into the clips? I mean, I tried it, and it works, but don't want to destroy the system or the speakers.

Solution
I have a setup with that config aswell. What i have found from twisting the leads it as long as you don't crank the volume up really high. You should be fine. You just don't want to overload unit because of running two leads into one socket. As long as you don't do that, you will be fine. I wouldn't go past 50% volume. My setup has been working for over 2 years now.

Arkstar

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I have a setup with that config aswell. What i have found from twisting the leads it as long as you don't crank the volume up really high. You should be fine. You just don't want to overload unit because of running two leads into one socket. As long as you don't do that, you will be fine. I wouldn't go past 50% volume. My setup has been working for over 2 years now.

Solution