Question Charger disconnects randomly when playing a game, only reconnects by unplugging and plugging again.

Aug 23, 2019
Hi guys,

So, since a few weeks, when I play some visually harder games to process on my MSI GS70 laptop, it disconnects my charger. Only when I unplug it (from the power source, not from the laptop input) and plug it in again, it works for a little while, only to disconnect a little after again.

This only happens when I'm playing games. After it happened once, it keeps happening much faster when I restart the game. When I don't touch the game for a few hours, it's better for the first half hour or so, but then it does the same again. With every occasion, it happening much faster.

I updated my graphics driver two days ago and since then, it didn't do the crash for a day or so, but then it started again.

Weirdest thing of all, I tried with two different chargers, and it happened with all of them! So it looks like something is wrong with my laptop, causing my charger to fail? How can that happen?

Last thing, the charger I'm using is the original one I got with the laptop. I also unplugged the battery to test whether that's the cause, but nothing changed. Anyone any idea how to fix this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
tangomengo Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Chronstell Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 10
Z Laptop Tech Support 1